Skip Spring Semester Begins 1/20/14
Pontifical College Josephinum
Founded in 1888 at
Skip Pontifical College Josephinum Accredited by ATS
Spring Semester Begins 1/20/14
Spring Course Offerings:
- Fundamental Theology (new)
- Spirituality of the Deacon
- Synoptic Gospels/Acts
- Philosophy for Understanding Theology
- Sacramental Theology
- Better Homilies for the Deacon
- Pastoral Counseling
- Canon Law for the Deacon
- Counseling Marriage and Family
- Health Care Ministry
contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to learn how to register
Pontifical College Josephinum Accredited by ATS
The Association of Theological Schools (ATS) has granted accreditation to the distance education program of the Pontifical College Josephinum. This means that all courses are more easily transferable to other colleges for those working on degrees. All courses are equivalent to two college credits.
Keep watching for news about our online masters degree. Although we do not have an online degree at this time, we anticipate having approval of such a degree program in another year and a half to two years.
Any deacon who has ever taken any course from us now and in the future can apply courses toward that degree when it becomes available. More information to follow. Watch this Space.
WELCOME ONLINE STUDENTS OF
PONTIFICAL COLLEGE JOSEPHINUM
*When you are ready to take the final exam:
1. The exam will be found on the course opening page as a regular course under our list of courses, click the link called Final Examinations and then select your course.
2. Before doing so, you will need a password.
3. When you are ready to take the final exam, email email@example.com with your NAME and COURSE NAME (not course number) requesting the password. I will respond within 24 hours. You can request the password anytime before you take the final, so if you want to take it over a weekend, feel free to request it a few days before hand.
4. Further instructions are given once you enter the Final Examinations site.
5. Good luck and God bless.
Skip Online Courses at the Josephinum
The Josephinum also shares its resources by offering continuing education to clergy and laity. The Distance Learning Program for the Diaconate has been developed in full compliance with the norms and standards promulgated by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops in the National Directory for the Formation, Ministry and Life of Permanent Deacons in the United States.
Online Courses at the Josephinum
All on line courses at the Josephinum are twelve weeks in duration and do not require that you be present at any particular time. They are self-paced in the sense that you can work on the material at any time. The suggested format is to complete a module every week for the twelve weeks during the course; however, you can work ahead if you prefer.
As a guide, courses will require about 7 1/2 to 10 hours of work per week. Some courses will require more reading than others, some courses will require direct application through journal or log entries, and some courses will require more reflective assignments. All courses will require non participatory forum discussions. Each course also requires three lives phone conferences during the semester (weeks 1, 5 and 11) where all of the students and the facilitator get together to discuss general issues. There is a final examination that is given on line at the completion of the twelve weeks.
Each course is graded by the facilitator according to class participation and assignments completed and final examination. Successful completion of the course will earn the student two graduates credit hours. Courses can be used for continuing education or college credit. Students may elect to audit a course if they chose to complete the course for non credit.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information